Aug 23, 2016: Are you an LIFX app user? You can now program your lights at home to respond to a large quantity of physical world and cyber events like match scores, snow and even Twitter alerts with the help of the trending IFTTT (“if this then that”) tool, which has been introduced by the service company IFTTT. With such unique control, LED bulb pioneer LIFX has broaden the potential for residential smart lighting.
IFTTT has 331 partners, now together with LIFX as well as Twitter, sports network ESPN, Facebook, smart lock company August, etc. With the help of IFTTT recipes, a user can trigger his/her own cause-and-effect actions involving the diverse constituents.
Highlights of LIFX smart lighting function
- Blink lights when it starts snowing and get notified with a gentle blink of your LIFX lights.
- Turn on your lights with August smart lock.
- Turn on a LIFX light when a specific person comes home and unlocks a designated August smart lock.
- Flash team colors on ESPN score.
- With just a few well-placed swipes and taps on your smart device, you can set your lights to blink when you’re mentioned on Twitter, dim when you leave the house, or change color when it rains.
Smart possibilities and much more
LIFX has been helping the IFTTT company to develop the latest beta version of IFTTT tool. As an expansion partner, LIFX is also providing support for IFTTT to the LIFX app. Up till now, if LIFX app users wanted to view IFTTT commands, then it was mandatory for them to visit the IFTTT website.
LIFX has been working personally with IFTTT to bring their experience faultlessly to the LIFX app, according to LIFX chief spokesperson. The company also recommended using IFTTT to change indoor lighting colors to suit the mood of a rainy day. Enthusiasts will probably welcome the news in the spirit of something for everyone. Skeptics will probably chortle. If nothing else, it should all at least serve as a proof of concept for the possibilities of smart lighting.